- Back & Neck Pain
- Sports Physiotherapy
- Muscle & Joint Pain
- Foot Pain
- Vertigo & Balance
- Women’s Health physiotherapy
- Men’s Health physiotherapy
- Running assessments
- Chronic pain management
- Pre & Post-op Rehabilitation
- Paediatric physiotherapy
- Home visits
- Irish Life Health Back-Up Programme
Back & Neck Pain Whether you have an acute episode of back pain and need some advice or are dealing with a chronic problem, we provide an evidenced based approach to back and neck pain. We have a strong focus on rehabilitation and together with you can formulate a plan which might include exercise, advice on pain management and sometimes manual therapy.
Sports Injuries We have experience with club, county, national and international athletes.We can offer:
- In clinic sports physio consultation
- Pre-season injury screening and prehab
- Sports physiotherapy for clubs
- Sports physiotherapy at games
Muscle & Joint Pain Common tendon pain can include: rotator cuff, Achilles tendon, tibialis posterior tendon, patellar tendon, gluteal tendon, plantarfascia (like a tendon). Tendinopathy is tendon pain that can occur because of trauma, overuse or just getting a bit older. The type of exercise is very specific to tendon pain management and differs to that of regular strength type exercise. We can guide you through a programme with education and advice.
Foot Pain We have a special interest in dealing with foot pain and its management We look at factors that may influence your pain and give advice accordingly such as:
- Foot strength
- Foot posture
- Medical conditions such as arthritis
- Insoles We offer temporary soft Formthotics or more rigid Orthotics hand made in Ireland to correct the biomechanics of the foot and their associated symptoms. Orthotic devices come in different densities and thicknesses and can be designed to fit into an appropriate shoe.Sometimes if you don’t need an insole you might just need a metatarsal bar and we can fit these and put them in the correct position on your shoe.
- Metatarsalgia (pain in the ball of the foot).
- Hallux Abducto-Valgus (bunions).
- Plantar Fasciitis/fasciopathy (heel pain).
- Patello-femoral pain
- Tibial Stress Syndrome (shin splints).
- Pes Planus (flat feet).
- Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Osteoarthritis of the ankle, knee and hip.
Vertigo Results with some disorders can take a week to settle and others require a six month programme. Most of the work is done at home while the physiotherapist guides the patient with appropriate progressions. With guidance and a motivated patient one can get a good result. This can be caused by an inner ear virus, trauma to the inner ear or degeneration of areas of the ear. At Tralee Physiotherapy Clinic, our physiotherapists can assess your vestibular problem, by taking a history, assessing eye movements and balance with the use of our high-tech infrared video googles. Using these googles, we can record the movements of your eyes which aid us to determine an accurate diagnosis, which we can then specifically treat. It may involve a few gentle manoeuvers of the head. You may also be given a set of home exercises. These exercises let the inner ear and balance system compensate for any inner ear damage.
We provide treatment for:
- Stress and urge incontinence
- Pelvic prolapse
- Bladder retraining
- Pelvic pain disorders
- Myofascial trigger points: manual release and dry needling
- Osteoporosis management
Collectively we perform a thorough assessment in a private room including:
- Education with pelvic models, diagrams and drawing to facilitate and demystify patient’s understanding of their diagnosis
- Internal digital examination
- EMG biofeedback and Estim muscle training using internal probes
- Electrical Stimulation of pelvic floor muscles using internal probes
- Bolton catheter evaluation of sphincter muscles
TENS Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation is useful for acute pain distraction. This is useful for pain reduction during labour. We rent these machines with large electrodes for individual use.
Men’s Health Physiotherapy Men’s Health issues can appear at any age and physiotherapy plays a role with pain relief and pelvic floor rehabilitation. The conditions physiotherapy can help with are:
- Pelvic floor dysfunction
- Post prostatectomy.
- Urologic Chronic Pelvic Pain.
- Bladder or Bowel dysfunction.
Running Assessments We assess your strength, do slow motion video and implement advice and a strength programme for your running technique which may influence your injury.
Chronic Pain Management
Pre & Post-op Rehab
- You may need a home programme or prefer to attend supervised exercise with us.
- Likewise you may need a progression of your hospital based exercises post-op or post treatment.
- If you are going for surgery for a joint replacement, a muscle repair or having cancer treatment Pre-hab exercise can get you prepared for your treatment and improve your recovery.
Paediatric Physiotherapy We treat babies through to adolescents, providing assessment of your child’s condition and developing a personalised programme suitable for your child. Children’s Physiotherapy covers a wide range of services & conditions for babies and children of all ages including:
- Back Pain & Scoliosis
- Juvenile Arthritis
- Learning Disabilities
- Respiratory Conditions
- Biomechanical/Foot Problems
- Musculoskeletal Injuries & Sports Injuries
- Physical Disabilities
- Hip Pain/Perthes Disease
- Knee Pain/Osgood Schlatters Disease
- Limb length discrepancy
- Please contact the clinic for more information regarding home visits and fees.
- Home visits are aimed at providing a service to individuals with chronic health problems, those who are too ill or incapacitated to travel. Some of the common conditions we treat in the home setting are Stroke, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinsons, Orthopaedic conditions such as total hip or knee replacements, falls and balance problems and palliative care for positioning and passive exercise.
- Our physiotherapists regularly perform home visits during which they assess and treat the patient in the comfort of their own home.
Irish Life Health Back-up Programme
How Back-Up Works
- If you experience any back or neck pain take the following steps to get Back-Up:
- Irish Life Health has chosen Tralee Physiotherapy Clinic as clinical experts to help implement Back-Up, an innovative case management service providing advice on prevention, treatment and rehabilitation for neck and back pain.
- Step 1: Call Back-Up 1890 717 717
- Step 2: We’ll check a time and location that’s convenient for you, then book a triage assessment with a clinical case manager
- Step 3: He or she will assess your injury and recommend a personalised treatment plan.
- Step 4: if physiotherapy is recommended the case manager will contact Tralee Physiotherapy Clinic with a referral and we then contact you to arrange an appointment.